Entries Open: Wednesday 5th November 2014 at 22:00 (10pm)
Entries Close: Friday 9th January 2015 at 23:59
Entry Fees: All charges for this event will be made in Pounds Sterling
TEAMS OF - Solos/Pairs/Quads - Male/Female/Mixed
Solo (per person) £60.00
Pair (per person) £60.00
Quad (per person) £60.00
10th Anniversary Puffer Team of 10 (per person) £10.00
The entry fee also includes a free event T-Shirt.
USEFUL TIPS SO YOU CAN ENTER STRATHPUFFER 24 WITHOUT DELAY
• Ensure you are already registered and/or logged into www.SiEntries.co.uk by 22:00 on 5th November
• If you are entering a Pair or Quad ask all your team members to ensure they are registered with SiEntries and to let you have their SiEntries ID, Surname and Postcode before 22:00 on 5th November. This will save you typing in all their personal details.
- Riders must compete on pedal bikes using human power.
- Riders cannot accept outside mechanical assistance or parts on the course except from other competitors
- Riders may accept outside assistance and change parts at the designated service area.
- Only one rider per team may compete at the same time.
- Riders must 'dib' at the control on every completed lap.
- Any riders/teams retiring must contact an official as soon as possible.
- All riders must carry emergency food supplies, a whistle and an emergency light.
- All riders must carry or wear appropriate clothing for warmth in the event.
- All riders must carry a first aid kit.
- All competitors under 16 years must provide written permission from parents.
- All competitors under 14 must be accompanied by an adult whilst competing
Officials' decision on any such matter or in case of any appeal or objection shall be final. Failure to observe the rules or any action deemed to be out with the spirit of the event may result in penalty or disqualification.
The map below shows the current Puffer route (marked in black)
Although it says 2010, it hasn't altered.
We will provide a full refund, less a £10 administration fee, to teams who contact us to cancel their entry before 15th December 2014. After this date there will be no further refunds.
The event is based at Torachilty Forest, on the right 1 mile north of the village of Contin on the A835 heading north towards Ullapool
From the South: stay on the A9 past Inverness over the Kessock bridge. At the Tore roundabout take the second exit onto the A835. Follow signs to Ullapool until you pass through Contin
From the North: the site is on the left of the A835 just after the Achilty Hotel before Contin
In order to gain access to the site you will need to collect your teams parking token from Square Wheels in Strathpeffer. Note that we have changed the system slightly in that tokens will only be available from Square Wheels from 2pm on the Friday afternoon.
The shop will stay open until 7.30 pm on the Friday night before the event.
The site itself will open at 2.00 pm on the Friday before the event and there will be no access between 22.00 Friday night and 07.00 on Saturday morning
Parking is probably one of the biggest headaches we have at the Strathpuffer (apart from falling off on your first lap and smacking your head on some frozen turf)
We limit access to one vehicle per team whether that is a solo, pair or quad and we have plenty of space near the event for excess vehicles to be left for the duration of the event.
Our rough plan is usually to send motorhomes, vans etc up the initial fire road climb to park Tour de France style along the course. Caravans have a wee parking area 300 metres ish away from transition and cars are squeezed in anywhere we can
Please Please Please park where the marshals direct you and be nice to them - we have a great team and we can guarantee they will be doing the best they can to accommodate you
PLEASE DO NOT PARK ANY VEHICLES ON SITE BEFORE 2PM ON FRIDAY 16TH JANUARY 2015
We have a reasonably large camping area and a whole forest to spread out into if necessary. However, in order to ensure we get as many teams as possible on the best areas please camp neatly and only occupy the area you really need.
This is Forestry Commission Scotland land so no open fires
Registration will take place on site therefore you must collect your parking token before you try and register
Registration will be open at the following times:
Friday - 6pm to 8pm
Saturday - 7.30 am to 10.30 am
At least one rider from each team must be registered in order to start the first lap and all team members must be registered by 10.30 am
The brilliant Red Poppy Catering will be working hard all weekend to keep you all fed - pasta, soup, bacon rolls, muffins, chocolate, tea, coffee and much much more will all be available to replace the many calories you will be burning
There is a wee shop in Contin which sells all the usual stuff - chocolate, sweets, energy drinks etc and also a petrol station for fuel.
SportIDENT will be with us for the weekend to provide their usual consistently accurate timing and rapid results service. We will be allocating one dibber per team which must be "dibbed" in the transition area at the end of each lap. Only one member of each team is allowed to be on the course at any point in time